SMX® – A Microsoft® Partner
Microsoft Azure Expert MSP
SMX is a Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Service Provider (MSP). Inclusion in this program is only awarded to trusted partners that meet stringent requirements, including verified proof of excellence in customer delivery and technical expertise; and the successful completion of an independent third-party audit of their managed services, people, processes, and technologies. Only the most high-fidelity cloud-managed service providers are awarded the Azure Expert MSP recognition, intended to give customers confidence when selecting a partner to help them meet their digital transformation goals.
As a Legacy Gold Partner, SMX holds the following competencies:
- Application Integration
- Cloud Application Development
- Cloud Platform
- Cloud Productivity
Federal Rising Star Partner of the Year
SMX was named the Microsoft 2013 Federal Rising Star Partner of the Year. This award highlights and recognizes excellence and achievement in Partners who produced exceptional results for their customers, with a focus on driving innovation in the public sector. Specifically, SMX was recognized for the innovative delivery of Cloud-enabled Microsoft solutions for Enterprise communications and collaboration using Microsoft SharePoint, SQL Server, Forefront, and Systems Center. We are one of only a handful of Microsoft partners authorized to re-sell licenses of Office 365 to the Federal Government.
We specialize in high velocity critical workload migrations to Microsoft Azure for highly regulated, security, and compliance driven organizations. We assess the optimal path for migrations and the appropriate tools and technologies required that allow you to benefit from Microsoft Azure native capabilities. We use Microsoft Azure Data Box for secure offline data transfer, Microsoft Azure Site Recovery to enable your secure DR/COOP scenarios, and Microsoft Azure Migrate services to discover, assess, and migrate your data, servers, databases, and web applications with near-zero downtime. Our expert use of the Microsoft Azure Migration Assistants ensures we pinpoint and remediate any potential problems blocking migration.
Azure Data / Analytics / AI Services
One of the major benefits of having your entire IT portfolio in the cloud is the ability to leverage adjacent data sources and applications. Our data experts are also cloud experts. When considering modernizing your data assets and applications, our team will help you create the strategy, design your enterprise data architecture, and migrate seamlessly with near zero downtime to Microsoft Azure’s vast array of modern capabilities. Whether using Microsoft Azure DataBricks for your Spark-based analytics platform or building and managing models in Microsoft Azure Machine Learning, we provide a complete data pipeline capability to enable the benefits of Microsoft Azure’s AI services for image, speech, and textual analysis.
IT and Application Modernization
Customers leverage our Microsoft Azure Experts to modernize their IT portfolio. Our certified experts build scalable secure web apps using Microsoft Azure App Service, automate business processes with Microsoft Azure Logic Apps, and build event-driven serverless architectures using Event Grid and Microsoft Azure Functions. We build, secure, manage and monitor Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Services for your containerized workloads. We provide the full life cycle of services from strategy, assessment and design to implementation, migration, and 24×7 secure operations.
Security and Governance
Customers depend on us to operate and secure their mission-critical applications. When connected to Microsoft Azure Sentinel and Azure Defender, Microsoft Azure Security Center provides a comprehensive view of threats, compliance, and potential misconfigurations of your IT assets. These services, along with Microsoft Azure Policy and Azure Blueprints, are integrated into our Intelligent Automation Platform (IAP) to provide our customers with the highest levels of security accreditation to meet and exceed their security mandates.
Elevate the security of your Microsoft Azure workloads by registering for an SMX Azure security assessment here.
Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure and SMX Elevate™.
Strategy (SMX Strategy)
SMX Strategy guides clients as they make complex cloud decisions by exploring best practices and solutions that improve adoption and maximize return on investment. SMX Strategy engagements are led by highly accredited and experienced teams who are equipped with digital tools and frameworks that accelerate and facilitate strategic the decision making process.
- Explore motivation.
- Prioritize business outcomes.
- Factor in financial considerations.
- Identify technical needs.
Plan (SMX Strategy)
SMX Strategy teams help unlock the cloud’s potential to drive business outcomes and financial value. We engage with clients to get a deep understanding of their business objectives, current state and explore strategic choices to transform their cloud journeys. We then model a target state that provides a clear picture of the end game, galvanizes stakeholders around a future state, and optimizes return on cloud investments. Teams formalize recommendations in executive summaries and develop capability roadmaps that provide actionable next steps and identify key resource needs.
- Rationalize your digital estate.
- Ensure organizational alignment.
- Develop skills readiness plan.
- Establish a DevOps cloud adoption plan.
Ready (SMX Build)
- Operating model alignment.
- Azure landing zone conceptual architecture.
- Azure landing zone design areas.
- Implementation options.
Migrate (SMX Migrate)
- Azure migration guide.
- Migration scenarios.
- Cloud migration best practices.
- Process improvements.
Innovate (SMX Optimize)
- Business value consensus.
- Build your first MVP.
- Measure for customer impact.
- Expand digital inventions.
Secure (SMX Secure)
- Risk insights.
- Business resilience.
- Asset protection.
Manage (SMX Manage)
- Business commitments.
- Management baseline.
- Expand the baseline.
- Advance operations and design principles.
Govern (SMX Comply)
- Benchmark assessment.
- Governance foundation.
- Improve the foundation.
Modernize (SMX Modernize)
- Monolithic Apps to Microservices.
- Mainframe Modernization.
- Cloud Native App Development.
SMX Value Added Services to Azure Native Services.
SMX Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure foundation includes an Operations Baseline, Enhanced Baseline, Platform Operations, Workload Operations capabilities to support mission critical systems across the OS, database, application levels. SMX value added services in addition to Azure native services include:
- Landing Zone model and architecture development
- Incident Management
- Managed Operations
- Monitoring and Alerting
- Logging and Auditing controls
- Inventory management
- Change and configuration drift detection
- Patch Management
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Scalable Solutions
- Enhanced Monitoring
- Automation runbooks
- Security and Breach Notifications
- Advanced Security Services
- Continuous Compliance
- Cost Optimization
- Baseline: Infrastructure Service INCIDENT Management, SLA MANAGEMENT, Log Aggregation Service, Boundary and network Management, Infrastructure Provisioning, SERVERLESS COMPLIANCE, LOGGING, AND REAL-TIME MONITORING, Container Service Monitoring, Monitoring and Notification Service, Operating System Patch Management, Anti-malware Management Service, Backup Service
- Enhanced Baseline: Cloud Service Expense Management Advisory, Infrastructure Advisory, Database Monitoring, Security Incident Response, Enhanced Log Aggregation and Analysis, Host Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Host File Integrity Monitoring, Systems Vulnerability Scanning, Continuous Monitoring Security and Regulatory Compliance Support Services
- Mission critical workload dedicated Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) services are suited for customers who are seeking our team members with specialized DevSecOps skillsets to be embedded with their platform or application teams. The value proposition of the SRE model is that customers receive an advanced level of build and support functions through the intrinsic and inherent knowledge of the SRE team members who have helped build the systems. The SRE team is charged with building highly reliable and resilient systems, automating deploy processes, and continually improving the systems they manage.
- Application Control monitoring service can alert you when changes happen to key software on your protected servers. Based on your policy configuration, application control either prevents unauthorized software from running until it is explicitly allowed or allows unauthorized software until it is explicitly blocked. The system is operated in Maintenance or Enforcement modes. Maintenance mode allows the application inventory to be developed and updated. When Enforce mode is active it blocks access, preventing unauthorized changes. Leveraging application control requires strong collaboration with Client workload and application owners to seamlessly manage and approve changes. The service leverages our Application Control capability to provide alerts and response to identified events 24 x 7. The identification of protected files can be customized to meet customer security concerns.
For more information, please contact an SMX Cloud Assured Account Manager.
[email protected] | 703-435-3322
Customer Solution Spotlight
Embrace Company Growth with Customized Managed Services with SMX and Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure and SMX® Enable Government Customers to Achieve New Levels of Agility
Wherever you are on your transformation journey, SMX can help you get there faster and more effectively.
Contact us to learn more.