According to Gartner®, by 2025, cloud-native platforms are predicted to underpin over 95% of new digital initiatives, rising from less than 40% in 2021. Businesses still relying on traditional platforms risk becoming technologically obsolete.
Current data and analytics architectures aren’t meeting demand and are hindering innovation and business agility due to siloed operations, manual management practices, and slow time to market with low output.
According to Gartner, there are seven strategic priorities that data and analytics leaders should consider when looking to future proof data management solutions and their migration to the cloud. These include:
- Assessing your current data management solutions
- Balancing cloud experimentation and engineering efforts
- Outlining cloud financial governance
- Data observability solutions that complement ops-readiness
- Consider data ecosystems as the desired end state
- Infuse automation and AI
- Prepare your multi cloud and intercloud strategy
Grab your copy of the Gartner Strategy RoadMap for Migrating Data Management Solutions to the Cloud
Source: Gartner, Strategic Roadmap for Migrating Data Management Solutions to the Cloud, Robert Thanaraj, Adam Ronthal, 27 Sept 2023.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.