SMX is looking for a highly motivated Senior Systems Administrator with demonstrated experience to support the development phase of a project relative to software supporting aircraft and weapons systems. This role is onsite at Patuxent River Naval Air Station in southern Maryland.
As the Senior Systems Administrator, you will join a team of highly driven, supportive, and skilled professionals engaged in supporting across the NAVAIR community.
The Senior Systems Administrator will:
- Provide engineering solutions for various and unique problem sets and customers in a government software hosting facility.
- Deploy and maintain physical and virtual hardware infrastructure, to include virtual machines and containers.
- Perform routine maintenance and configuration changes to various physical and virtual hosts.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of hardware and software issues on servers, workstations, and IT equipment.
- Maintain system backups and disaster recovery plans.
- Manage user accounts and permissions.
- Deploy and maintain software applications.
- Troubleshoot technical issues.
- Maintain documentation to include knowledge base, incident response actions, system configurations, and other information related to system administration.
- Provide technical support to customers, ranging from resolving technical issues to providing guidance and best-practices.
- Secure information systems and applications to current DoD guidance
- Maintain configuration and security posture of information systems through continuous monitoring and routine security events/reporting.
- Participate in project planning using Agile methodology.
- Provide networking support to on-premises infrastructure.
- Understanding and familiarity of Linux operating system and virtual networking.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Clearance required: Secret
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- 10+ years of systems administration experience, to include deployment, configuration, and support for the following:
- VMware/vSphere Enterprise (significant experience required)
- Cisco switches (significant experience required)
- Windows Server
- Networking experience
- Experience with Linux OS
- Understanding of Agile methodology